Table of Contents
Amazon’s hottest feature of Subscribe and Save provides both sellers and buyers with attractive benefits. This feature surely has been getting the attention of many.
As it becomes popular, sellers should now start to decide and enroll in the program. In this article, we will clarify and get things straight off about the program. Without further ado, here are the facts and tips to save or earn more on Amazon.
Benefits of Subscribe and Save for Amazon sellers
What do the S&S do for the sellers? It can mainly lock in the price and the future sales that can serve as the extra sales. It can also make the products more consumable and more competitive. This strategy can help the sellers to save and make the business more secure. Through Amazon Subscribe and Save, merchants can have safe frequent sales on their products. Thus, enrolling in the Subscribe and Save feature of Amazon can be very beneficial to the sellers.
However, sellers should follow some requirements and guidelines to subscribe to such a feature. Sellers should pass the eligibility assessment that Amazon has set.
Here are the following requirements:
- The account must be FBA with a good standing. This requirement is being assessed strictly.
- The seller feedback must have a rating of 4.7 and above average. If it goes below the required rating, there is no possibility to enroll in the store.
- The account must be actively selling for a minimum of 3 months. This will also show if the store is worthy of the program’s benefits and attention.
3 Nuances of S&S for Amazon Sellers
After being qualified to the Subscribe and Save feature, sellers must also consider other things. These things mainly tackle about how the feature works and how it can help the sellers in the long run.
- Be informed that only certain products under specific categories can be eligible for the feature. Each product category has its equal discount percentages that can be sold to the customers. The list can be clarified on Amazon’s page. This list must be checked before setting the right expectation of the sellers.
- FBA products are considered eligible products. However, the seller must also maintain an 85% or higher in-stock percentage. This means that a high in-stock percentage leads to high competitiveness under this program Not maintaining such requirement can lead to termination and suspension in the program.
- For the sellers to check the eligibility, go to Settings dropdown, look at the right corner of it, and choose Fulfillment by Amazon. After that, scroll down to the Subscription settings. Click the Subscription settings, and it will show the account’s Subscribe and Save status and eligibility. If the Subscribe and Save edit buttons are available, the store is eligible. If not, the seller should check the requirements above again.
10 steps on how to sign up as a Subscriber and Save seller
After checking the account’s eligibility, the seller can now proceed to the enrollment process. Here are three very easy steps that should be followed.
- In the Subscription Settings section, click the edit button in the upper part of the box.
- Select Enable option, then click Update.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, then click Agree.
After enrolling, the next process is to add items to the program.
- Look for the Central Subscribe and Save Inventory file template. It can be found on the Seller Central. Then, download the template.
- Open the template and read the detailed instructions on the tab thoroughly.
- Click the Example tab. Complete the information about the products that will be enrolled in the program. Take note that column A is for the SKU of the product, while column B is for the action that will be applied.
- Once completed, save the template into a .txt document or a text extension on the computer.
- Go to the page to add/remove a subscription, and save products that can be found on the Seller Central page. Click the File Upload link and upload the text file.
- Wait for the uploaded file to be processed. Go to the summary page to monitor the changes.
- Review the successful subscribed products and errors if there is any.
For additional inquiries or technical support, send an email to [email protected].
How to check the results of Subscribe and Save program
After some time, a result of the subscribed products can be monitored. The result can be monitored in a four-week to eight-week program reports. It includes a summary of useful information. Plus, it also contains percentages of missed orders caused by an insufficient stock, a regular price after the discounted sale to an average discount of each SKU, and reports of items shipped. This information can be helpful to evaluate the elements and competitiveness of the seller.
To see the four-week program results, do the following steps:
- Go to Seller Central; then, go to the Reports dropdown, and choose Fulfillment option.
- Find the Subscribe and Save performance results on the left side of the screen. Click it.
To find out the eight-week program results, check the Subscribe and Save Forecasting.
- On the same page, click the Subscribe and Save Forecasting.
After processing and setting everything up, a performance report can also be used. This report will show the information of how the items have been shipped. The Performance Report can give a comprehensible percentage and information about the whole store’s competitiveness.
6 benefits of Subscribe and Save for Amazon buyers
Meanwhile, Subscribe & Save allows customers to save money from this program too. Mainly, customers can get up to a 5-15% discount off to the shipping fee in a single address. The process is a hassle-free one that is open for everyone.
This program assures customers for the freedom of canceling their subscription anytime. There is no commitment needed. To fully understand the benefits, here is a list to be considered by the customers:
- Save & Subscribe has a feature of setting scheduled deliveries. By having those scheduled deliveries, customers can earn savings from discounts.
- Customers also can unlock extra savings by subscribing to five or more products. The five or more products should be delivered at one address. The scheduled delivery can go up to monthly delivery.
- Thousands of everyday products can be availed by customers. Those thousands of products also bring extra savings under the program. Customers can also control the quantity of their chosen products.
- For each scheduled delivery, the customer will receive a reminder and notification about the transaction. This will allow them to monitor the applicable discount and the price of the product. The notification will be sent as an email before the delivery date.
- Amazon members can save up to 15% discounts on the auto-deliveries. Prime members can save up to 20% discounts. This kind of perks is presented by the Amazon Family to its members.
- Combining coupons can make a great double saving under this program. Two coupons can be used and availed at the same time to make the price drop. So, for a one-time purchase, coupons can make an impact on the items’ price.
To sum everything up, Subscribe and Save is a great way of securing the business’ future. It also gives helpful information that can be used for the stores’ weekly evaluation. In such a way, Amazon sellers can engage and compete more on the widely known site. Amazon opens opportunities for the sellers to earn more than they normally can.
Also, the feature is also a win-win situation for the customers. It makes the experience more convenient because of the scheduled deliveries. The savings that they can earn from the discounted items are also a major bonus! The program also supports a no-commitment policy which allows customers to cancel their subscriptions at any time.