You may know that Amazon has provided its customers the possibility to opt out from receiving seller messages. You can read more about this in our article.
Today we'll tell you how to deal with this the best way and get rid of annoying notifications. You'll need to set up forwarding of undelivered emails, in this case, they won't be counted in your SageMailer email limit.
Don't worry, the process will take no more than 5 minutes and I'll explain in detail how to set up forwarding in Gmail and Outlook Mail.
Please note that you need set up forwarding only for undelivered emails that Amazon sends back to the seller.
These emails can be identified by the following parameters:
subject: Your message to a buyer could not be delivered
In the case, you use another mailing client, set up forwarding using the above parameters, or contact me at email@example.com and I'll be glad to be of help.
Forwarding in Gmail
- In your browser open Gmail using an account you want to forward messages from. You can only forward messages to a single Gmail address, and not an email group or alias.
- At the top right corner, click Settings .
- Click Settings.
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the "Forwarding" section, click Add a forwarding address.
- Enter the email address you want to forward messages to. This will be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Next, Proceed and then OK.
- A verification message will be sent to our address. We will confirm your request and write you back.
To create a filter:
- Open Gmail.
- In the search box at the top, click Down arrow .
- Enter next search criteria:
- from: email@example.com
- subject: Your message to a buyer could not be delivered
- At the bottom of the search window, click Create filter with this search.
- Choose Forward it and our firstname.lastname@example.org address.
- Click Create filter.
- Your filter should look like:
Forwarding in Outlook (Hotmail)
- Log in to your Outlook Mail.
- Click the Settings gear icon.
- Choose Options from the drop down menu.
- On the left side of the Options page, go to the Mail section.
- Under the Automatic processing, click Inbox and sweep rules.
- On the page opened, in section Inbox rules, click + (plus) button.
- Name your filter, for example, SageMailer opt-out.
- In the When the message arrives boxes, click It was sent or received and then click Received from.... Paste email@example.com. Click Use this address and click OK.
- Add new condition, choose It includes these words and then choose in the subjeect.... Paste Your message to a buyer could not be delivered, then click + (plus) and then OK.
- Choose the action. Under the Do all of the following choose Forward, redirect or send and then click Forward the message to.
- Paste firstname.lastname@example.org in the window opened, choose Use this address and click OK.
- Save the filter, click OK on the New inbox rule page.
Amazon & eCommerce Hacks
✓ PPC Strategy ✓ FBA Business ✓ Amazon SEO ✓ Increasing Sales ✓ Amazon Repricer