Table of Contents
Affiliate programs offer an excellent chance for online marketers, influencers, and website owners to make money through their platforms. Affiliates can earn a commission on sales made through their marketing activities. The idea is that affiliates market other people’s products and receive a percentage of the money made as a direct result of their marketing.
Affiliate marketing with Amazon is one of the largest and most successful affiliate networks today. Being one of the first companies to try affiliate marketing, Amazon has over a decade of experience. The company is an excellent place for those looking to get a start in this business. Amazon is full of products that can benefit from outside promotion. There is always an opportunity for affiliate marketing.
How Does This Amazon Affiliate Solution Work?
In the AMZ Affiliate program, participants get commission by making unique product reference links, putting such links on their blog or website, and moving referral traffic back to the Amazon store. Here is how it functions:
- Website or blog owners make an AMZ Affiliate profile on the marketplace.
- Amazon provides each blog or website owner with a unique Associate number (ID).
- Once their application is approved, associates can start making affiliate links in the Amazon portal.
- Participants then add customized links to their blog posts, articles, and other parts of their site.
- As soon as visitors click the link and purchase a product, the associate gets the commission.
On average, you can earn from $200 to $10,000 from this program, depending on how many purchases you will generate for the marketplace. The Amazon Affiliate solution operates on a fixed commission basis. It means you will make a percentage for each sale.
The commission rates vary depending on the item niche. For example, if you have an automotive blog, you may earn 4.50% per sale. If you drive sales of two car parts at $1,000 each in one day, you will earn $90 from those two transactions. If you move the same goods 30 times per month, you will get $1,350.
At the start of your journey with the AMZ Associate solution, the numbers can stay on the low side for a while. Thus, ensure to have some other form of income except for participating in an Amazon Associate program.
Before registering on the platform, it is vital to check the Affiliate program’s fee rate for each product category. It will help you estimate how much you may potentially earn based on your blog or website’s niche.
How to Do Affiliate Marketing with Amazon?
If you are wondering how to sell Amazon products via affiliate marketing, it is quite simple. All you have to do is join the program through the Amazon affiliate sign-up page. Once you sign up, you can start earning money through affiliate links while helping other people sell their products.
The great thing about Amazon is that it gives you a chance to not only market other people’s products but your own as well. That way, you earn money through marketing and the sale of your products. As an Amazon FBA affiliate marketer, you benefit as both a seller and an affiliate.
Amazon is home to millions of products. To call it a crowded marketplace would be a significant understatement. Sellers are always looking for ways to make their products stand out from their competitors. Many don’t have any money to promote or advertise their products. FBA affiliate marketing is the best option because not only is it free to join, but it also guarantees more traffic to your products. Amazon affiliate third-party sellers can create interest in their products and generate more sales.
For the seller, it is a chance to increase sales and expand reach through cheap marketing. As this type of marketing is always performance-based — affiliates get paid only if the desired action happens — participants in the program also have the motivation to drive conversions.
For affiliates, participating in an AMZ marketing program helps them become involved in digital commerce without having to launch or support their store. It also allows monetizing their blog, website, or social media account and earning money.
Difference between an Amazon Associate vs. Amazon Affiliate
The two terms often get people confused because they are both opportunities to earn some extra money through Amazon. In terms of similarity, both associates and affiliates make money from products sold through a link. The main difference is that associates receive a commission if a customer visits Amazon through their associate link and buys a product, even if the product is not what the link is promoting.
If an associate, for example, is promoting a brand of cookies and customers visit the site using this link but choose to buy cupcakes instead, the associate will still receive a commission. This commission can be between 4% – 8.5% of the sale made. Affiliates, on the other hand, only receive a commission for products sold through their specific links. Moreover, affiliates have 180 days to make a sale, failure to which their accounts are closed down.
Amazon Associate vs. Amazon Affiliate: which program is a better choice?
As an online marketer or website owner, you can benefit from both programs. Both allow for the customization of associate or affiliate links. You receive a small percentage for each sale made from these links in both programs. Amazon Associates, however, have it slightly better because they earn a discount on any product sold through their relationship, not just the particular product they were promoting.
The best option would be to join both programs. Amazon allows associates to be affiliates and vice versa. To be clear, you can only earn an associate or affiliate commission from a particular link, not both. However, you can promote specific products as an associate and others as an affiliate. If you want to increase your earnings, then sign up for both through the affiliate sign up page.
6 important benefits of the Amazon Affiliate Program
- First of all, it is free. Once you sign up, you can access your account through the Amazon affiliate login page. Anyone can sign up and start earning a percentage fee for products sold through their affiliate links. Affiliates can customize these links and tailor them to appeal to their audience.
- Second, as an affiliate, you choose the products you want to promote. That way, you can be an affiliate for products that you genuinely love and support. This ensures the affiliate process is natural and sincere. For as long as a product is on Amazon, you can be an affiliate for it.
- Third, the larger your audience is, the more success you will have as an affiliate. People with large platforms can take advantage of their following and make extra money through affiliate marketing. By promoting products that their audience will like, affiliate marketers can achieve significant levels of success.
- Fourth, the percentage you earn from sales is dependent on the product category. Some products are more comfortable to sell than others. Affiliates attached to hard-to-sell products will generally receive a more significant percentage share than those linked with fast-moving goods.
- Affiliate marketing is also useful to sellers and allows them to create more sales. If you are a seller, using the Amazon affiliate program to market your products is an excellent way of getting ahead of the competition. Moreover, it is affordable as there are no upfront fees like in advertising. You only pay for sales made through the actions of affiliates on a commission basis. The affiliate marketers you partner with have already developed a relationship with their audience. They can convince them to buy a product. The customers come to you already trusting your product based on what the affiliate has told them about it.
- Finally, affiliate marketing allows you to be both the seller and the marketer. You can create links to your Amazon products and share them on your online pages. This is perfect for selling products without having a location. Amazon stocks your products for you, and you market them through your social networks. When customers click your links and buy your products, you earn money as a seller and as an affiliate. If you are an associate, you earn money even when customers purchase other people’s products.
Joining this affiliate program is free and has the potential to create sales and revenue when done correctly. There are plenty of resources available online to help you become an expert affiliate. Take advantage of this opportunity and give the program a chance!
Did you know you can set up your affiliate membership with SageMailer and start referring other sellers to earn your commissions? The good news, there is no particular limit on your maximum earnings with SageMailer. Registration is completely free, and you will get 30% from each transaction. Interested? Don’t waste time and sign up now!