Table of Contents
Millions of users worldwide love online shopping on the Amazon marketplace for different reasons. The opportunity to access the widest choice of goods, free shipping, and Prime membership are among the buyers’ main values. Still, 40% of Amazon shoppers choose the platform because of the smart product recommendations and a great number of reviews from previous customers. Still, some of them aren’t trustworthy.
With the goal of dealing with fake reviews, Amazon has introduced a verified purchase system. It is an equally beneficial tactic for both Amazon shoppers and sellers, so let’s find out more about it.
How Does Amazon Calculate the Product’s Rating?
Each of Amazon’s product pages has its rating. Still, Amazon rankings algorithms are quite smart. They don’t use an average approach to calculate the rating based on the amount of the written reviews and one-tap star reviews. Instead, it takes the time of review placement, the legitimate nature of the purchase, and the specifics of the review into account.
To put it simply, Amazon employs an artificial intelligence algorithm. It makes data-driven conclusions on the authenticity and trustworthiness of the reviews. Amazon verified purchase is one of the practices to add credibility to the reviews shared.
What Does a Verified Purchase Mean on Amazon?
A verified purchase on Amazon means that Amazon has carefully checked and verified the fact that the author of the review had actually bought the product. In this case, they are more likely to share honest and transparent feedback. Still, the only fact of the legitimate purchase isn’t enough for Amazon to conclude on a verified purchase. It takes other factors into account as well. Below are some of them.
- The review should be recent. In this case, Amazon believes that authentic and valuable reviews should reflect quite a recent experience with the product and customer service since such things tend to change over time. For the better or for the worst.
- The buyers should purchase an item at a fair price. A lot of products on Amazon come with a deep discount. Some sellers use such promos to motivate users to buy a product and leave positive product reviews because of the low price they have paid for it. Amazon considers this practice to be non-transparent. In this case, the discounted price may significantly affect the buyers’ opinion. That’s why getting verified reviews for the products sold with at least a 20% discount is impossible. Amazon doesn’t count them when assigning a “verified purchase” status to the review.
Because of that remember to differentiate your product review strategies with campaigns offering an Amazon social media promo code so that to benefit from both.
- A seller shouldn’t put pressure on the buyers. And they shouldn’t encourage them to leave reviews. Still, Amazon allows the sellers to communicate with the buyers. It considers it to be one more marketing opportunity to boost their sales and upsells. Still, it prohibits review requests that come with review in exchange offers (for example, for a discount or for a free product). It also prohibits putting additional pressure on the customers or requesting them to leave positive reviews only.
- An Amazon verified purchase review should be detailed and product-specific. Analyzing the trustworthiness of customer feedback is a part of the Amazon review system. That’s why verified reviews are usually specific, detailed, and product-centered. They also often come with photos.
How to Write a Verified Purchase Review on Amazon
How to write a verified purchase review on Amazon? The fact is that the person writing the review should actually purchase the goods before sharing the feedback. And only Amazon can verify Amazon reviews. That is, there is no way to write a verified review until a reviewer is compliant with certain conditions stated by Amazon. Still, there are some ways to motivate your buyers to create such reviews for you that are likely to be verified by Amazon. Check this article to find out more about different review management options. Figure out how SageMailer differs from other similar services, for example, Sellerlift. Read about its features and pricing reviews.
Here is how:
- Improve your product and customer service. There is no better way to constantly get positive reviews. Satisfied buyers are likely to share positive feedback. And vice versa – those unhappy with the experience you delivered are even more likely to leave negative reviews.
- Ask your buyers. Most people are too busy to review purchases, even if they have something good to say. Just remind them kindly and state that leaving the review will not take longer than several minutes. Those having any free second could leave a one-tap review, which will also be useful for your page rating. To enhance the percentage of buyers who leave reviews and at the same time minimize the number of negative testimonials, there are many services for Amazon feedback management. BQool is a tool that has been on the market for quite some time and relies on its versatility. Follow the link to learn BQool pricing and features.
- Strive for as many Amazon verified purchase reviews as possible. To get a lot of honest and transparent reviews, make sure to communicate with your buyers and invest your time in your relations with them. You may ask for the review using Amazon’s Buyers-Sellers Messaging system or consider another channel for convenient reviews management.
Get More Verified Reviews Easily
As you already got it, the only way to get verified reviews is to communicate it to your buyers and ask them to assist. You can use SageMailer for this goal. This is an ultimate review management tool that allows you to get instantly notified of the new review, respond to your reviews within the tool, and schedule an automated campaign for sending review requests that are 100% Amazon compliant. Use the last feature to create additional touch with your buyers and ask them to leave the review that is likely to be verified by Amazon.
Getting more verified reviews is essential for strengthening your Amazon presence. They are more credible and trustworthy. Verified reviews work as a strong social proof since they are quite unlikely to be fake. They can better guide your prospective leads through your product range and improve your online reputation on Amazon.
Consider using SageMailer to streamline your communication with the customers, kindly motivate them to leave the reviews, and manage their feedback in a more effective way. Find out how it works with our 30-days free trial!