Table of Contents
Growing a successful business on colossal and sophisticated e-commerce platforms like Amazon requires complex technologies and solutions. Amazon Seller Central is one of them, so you are welcome to first find out how it works for your benefit here.
And one of the “savory” features that high-sounding Amazon offers entrepreneurs is enhanced brand content (EBC) — your lucky catch in nurturing your brand and promoting the products you sell. EBC is a tremendous opportunity for marketers to cultivate their brand image and present the goods they merchandise compellingly and creatively.
What is Enhanced Brand Content Amazon? How can it benefit your business on Amazon? What are the pros and cons of Amazon Enhanced Brand Content? And what are the principles of implementing this feature in your e-commerce project? Take a good peek at our insightful article to find out everything about the culture of EBC on Amazon and its seamless incorporation into your online business strategy.
What EBC Is About
Amazon enhanced brand content is a premium feature allowing Vendor Central and Seller Central to improve their product description by optimizing its content and helping to show the product richly. Enhancing the product description through its content enables marketers to convey their brand value more effectively and significantly, developing a customized expanse for business owners to attract potential customers. According to the policy of EBC, marketers can include additional images and product descriptions and embellish them to augment the “wow” effect that the product page has on the potential customer.
Here are the major aspects that the mission of EBC consists of :
- Demonstrating the product’s versatility
- Featuring product storytelling to make your brand stand out
- Giving the customer a clear idea of what the product is about
- Increasing customer retention
- Developing brand transparency
Below are two Amazon EBC examples for brands Pure Encapsulations and Yogi Tea.
How to Get Enhanced Brand Content on Amazon?
Setting up Amazon EBC is a straightforward process that doesn’t require much energy and time. However, getting Amazon EBC needs an accurate and professional approach from you. As a result, Amazon has created a downright favorable environment for sellers to develop their EBC and make their product descriptions artsy and hip. Still, it’s not only the platform’s innovations and inviting interface that has to do all the job — sellers also need to participate in the complicated yet rewarding EBC development.
That being said, it wouldn’t hurt to look at a hands-on guide to generating EBC.
Amazon content enhancement is possible through the Amazon A+ feature. First, you must log in to your Seller Central account. Then, click the option “Advertising” and choose Enhanced Brand Content. Now, you need to choose the SKU representing the ASIN of the product you want to promote through EBC. After you choose the SKU, you are offered modular templates with images to include in the product description. Now, pick the EBC template, which will serve as a framework for your future content. Then, you should choose the images and text placement content. With the newly created template, you can seek a specific ASIN of the product for which you want to optimize your content. What’s left for you to do now is wait for Amazon to approve the content.
If you found yourself asking, ‘What is an ASIN code?’, check out our post on product identifiers and the difference between them. Spare a minute or two and become a real pro on the platform.
What modular templates are there? Amazon introduces users to the following modular templates:
Why Can Amazon EBC Applications Be Rejected?
How long does it take for Amazon to approve the content? After the system reviews your content, your EBC product listing page will display your status. If the content isn’t approved, you edit to find out the reasons for cancellation. The thing is, Amazon follows certain policies and terms that regulate EBC implementation. And, if the brand content violates these Amazon EBC regulations, the platform can reject the application. Here are the reasons why Amazon can reject an EBC application:
- If users refer to their company as a seller or distributor;
- If the seller mentions the products of competitors;
- Warranties, guarantees, or satisfaction claims to references outside Amazon;
- If the text contains questionable and boastful references to promotions and pricing like “cheap,” “free,” “affordable,” and “bonus.”
- Comments such as “the best product,” “best-selling product,” “the most affordable price,” and “the greatest product.”
- Shipping information like “shipping timelines” or “free shipping.”
- The use of trademark and copyright symbols in the text.
- More than two third-party quotes;
- Low-quality images;
- Images that contain unreadable text;
- The images that don’t feature the product;
- Images that duplicate the information from the detail page;
- Text or images that copy Amazon logos, page headings, and other content;
- Links or language that direct to the sites on Amazon or outside it;
- Grammar mistakes, punctuation errors, unnecessary information;
- The mentioning of illegal products;
- Dubious claims include safety, energy, drugs, beverages, etc. If the text includes claims regarding health products such as healthy drinks, foods that don’t have certified disclaimers should have FDA disclaimers indicating that “the Food and Drug Administration may not have evaluated these statements.”
- Subjective statements that reflect the seller’s biased opinions and attitudes;
- Adult product text and images violating Amazon policies;
- References to the customers’ services outside Amazon;
- Text written in languages not spoken in the environment you’re selling the product in.
- Images that can’t be viewed by patients who are visually handicapped;
- Any violation of AMZ policies.
What Are the Requirements for Amazon Enhanced Brand Content?
This instrument is available only to sellers with Brand Registry, so you need to apply for registration of your brand with this program. Remember that the Brand Registry option is not open for book, digital, video, or media categories.
Benefits of Amazon EBC
Amazon Enhanced brand content is an incredible feature that can do wonders with your brand presentation, exaggerated as it might sound. With this remarkable feature, sellers receive a lavish abundance of benefits and opportunities that help them cultivate their brand image, polish their product descriptions, and boost their business success. Now, let’s take a look at the substantial EBC benefits.
- Catching attention
Grabbing users’ attention and addressing their needs and preferences through product descriptions should be the prime concern for every seller boosting their business on Amazon. It can hardly be surprising to anyone that visual content is far more likely to be spotted by people and appeal to them. Thus, by adding relevant and striking images enhanced by EBC, you increase the chances of being noticed by Amazon users and make your product description more attractive.
- Growing brand loyalty
A creative, rich presentation of the product always elevates the brand in customers’ eyes. Enhanced brand content builds respect with potential customers, makes them dedicated to your brand, and positions your brand as a reputable and noteworthy business entity. Brand loyalty is one of the cornerstones of a successful business, and working on its improvement with the help of EBC is one of the fundamental steps you need to take to hit it out of the park with your Amazon business.
- Increase conversion rates
After clicking on your product through a paid ad, users see EBC content and spend much more time on the page than they would with plain content. Thus, the conversion rate jumps and the ROI ratio gets higher, too. As a result, ROI is one of the most important metrics demonstrating any business’s success. And when it comes to your business, this indicator can be quite favorable once you implement EBC.
- Decreasing bad reviews
Creating A+ content makes your business reputable and trustworthy. Thus, impressed by the luxury design you developed with the help of EBC, users will gladly buy your products and leave positive reviews of their experiences with your brand. Strange as it might seem, the role of outstanding content on the product description page is largely undervalued.
Yes, despite the overflowing information about the importance of EBC and compelling content at large, online entrepreneurs, along with other internet users, will simply turn down the idea of modifying their content and improving it. But, as any top-performing Amazon seller will confirm, product page content is your product’s image, its main representation that is supposed to convey the product’s value to potential customers.
- Increasing customer engagement
Internet users are hard to impress and keep on your product page. First, they are rarely captivated by the product title or the description text. Second, even if the title or description interests them, they immediately bounce off the competitor’s page. And the effective solution to this distressing challenge comes with EBC — with this omnipotent Amazon feature, you can retain users on your page, enticing them and satisfying their curiosity. And, as was stressed earlier, adopting fancy and convincing visual content will keep users glued to your Amazon product page.
Can I Use Enhanced Brand Content for My Products?
Amazon has no limitations on the number of Enhanced Brand Content product detail pages you can create. However, don’t forget that this option is far more efficient for some groups of products category over others.
Consider the following factors before applying for EBC:
1) Price – Is the cost to develop an EBC page reasonable regarding what we can get from this new content?
2) Complexity – Is your product complex? If the items relate to appliances, technology, or some other type of goods with many functions and features that are difficult to communicate with the descriptions, bullet points, and images, using Amazon EBC for better explanation can assist in making sales and profits.
3) Category – What category are you using? For instance, does it make sense to use EBC for socks? Of course, not. However, regarding the UnderArmour socks with specific “technologies,” yes.
4) Competition – How many competitors do you have? If competitive goods have EBC, posting Enhanced Brand Content is a way to follow the market trends and raise the competitiveness of your items. If other goods don’t, and you aren’t content with the profits, try to invest in the content and differentiate your product pages.
5) Comparison – Should the shoppers compare your products to others in order to differentiate them? Usually, in categories where A+ content is used, AMZ attaches their item comparison charts that compare your goods to other competitors’ similar ones.
Amazon EBC Best Practices
It is important to make the most of your Amazon Enhanced Brand Content. Below are best practices aimed to help you optimize for success.
- Accentuate your unique value points. What does your merchandise provide to merchants? Most clients buy based on emotions rather than practical considerations, so emphasizing advantages versus features will enhance conversion. However, you do not want to forget either.
- Check your testimonials and competitor feedback to find out what visitors care about, and then stress those points. You can study shopper returns to discover similar data.
- Use the text on picture media to spotlight product benefits and features to grow conversion for skimmers.
- Most visitors prefer short content, so try to add a small amount of high-quality text and images that allow users to promptly learn everything they must know.
- Optimize for mobile devices. AMZ gets over 8 million mobile visitors per day.
- Concentrate on your highest-ranking or best-selling merchandise first. If your item is more likely to make a sale, it is a better investment.
Observing all the AMZ EBC guidelines and policies mentioned above can become a cumbersome task for a seller. Of course, remembering all the possible restrictions and steering clear of violating them is complicated. However, it pays off well in the end. Adding A+ content to your products helps develop your brand and boosts your search ranking.
Amazon EBC is a critical attribute of the successful digital business of today. Powered by EBC, your product page will stand out among dime-store brands that fail to engage the fastidious user, bringing you an adequate income and tons of raving reviews from buyers. Yes, the process of enhancing your content on Amazon is quite challenging and highly dependent on many different factors, but the game is definitely worth playing. So give it a try, and you’ll see how huge and significant your accomplishments with Amazon will be!